Human Trafficking – H.I.P.S.
Human Trafficking Intervention Prevention Strategy (H.I.P.S.) is a collaboration between agencies in Toronto to address domestic human trafficking.
East Metro Youth Services chairs H.I.P.S. across Toronto. This successful collaborative, lead by the EMYS team, ensures that the 20-plus agencies across the Greater Toronto Areat can co-ordinate their activities to achieve a greater impact and build partnerships across sectors.
H.I.P.S. was established in 2014 by EMYS.
The role of H.I.P.S. is to:
- Build partnerships across sectors
- Include interdisciplinary approaches
- Create an opportunity for community capacity building
- Co-ordinate treatment services
- Include survivor-led initiatives
- Enable resource sharing
- Act as linkage between local, regional, national and international groups
EMYS brought together like-minded organizations to develop a regional service collaborative.
- East Metro Youth Services
- Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre
- Covenant House Toronto
- Native Women’s Resource Centre
- Victim Services Toronto
- Victim Services Durham
- Toronto Police Services Sex Crimes
- Durham Police Services Human Trafficking Unit
- Children’s Aid Society
- Catholic Children’s Aid Society
- Eva’s Initiatives
For more information about H.I.P.S., please contact Carly Kalish at email@example.com