We continuously strive to engage youth and young adults in reaching their personal best through:
Enhancing their mental health
Investing in their future potential
Innovative collaboration with our diverse families, communities and service partners
Doing whatever it takes – We are committed to doing whatever it takes to meet the needs of the clients, participants and families we serve.
We have incorporated the following concepts into everything we do.
- Youth and their families are the experts in their lives.
- We provide individualized programming to meet the unique needs and circumstances of youth and their families.
At East Metro Youth Services we believe:
- The best interests of youth in our community are paramount.
- Youth and their families should be treated with dignity and respect.
- The strengths, diversity, and potential of youth and their families should be recognized and valued.
- Flexibility, innovation, and individualized treatment approaches are important to providing responsive services.
- Collaboration with the youth, families, community and other service providers enhance the achievement of outcomes for youth.
- Excellent, high quality services and programs are based on best practices and staying evidence-informed.
At EMYS we go above and beyond to deliver high quality service. We see it as a necessity not a choice. Below are the principles we are committed to upholding in our work:
Put People First
Be Culturally Competent
Uphold Professional Excellence
Enable Ongoing Learning
In 2015, EMYS was named Lead Agency for Toronto by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services, as part of the province’s mental health strategy. Our mission as Lead Agency, in partnership with other service providers, is to improve child, youth and family access to mental health services in Toronto.
East Metro Youth Services is proud to be accredited through the Canadian Centre for Accreditation (CCA), a third-party review based on accepted organizational practices that promote ongoing quality improvement and responsive, effective community services.
EMYS by the numbers
Learn more about the clients EMYS serves within all of our different programs.
Strengthening Families Program
62 clients served
39 clients served
85 clients served